Sunday 18 January 2009

FTIR multi-touch display how-to guide by Harry van der Veen

This is what Harry says about his guide:

My name is Harry van der Veen, callsign Gravano. I’m writing this FTIR multi-touch display how-to guide, because I want to make it easier for other people to build their own multi-touch display. My intensions are to make this guide understandable for people, in the age of approximately twelve to about seventy years. I would like to point out, that in this guide, I describe “a way” to build a multi-touch display. I’m not saying it’s THE way. There are numerous of ways to build screens, this is just one of them.



There’s nothing you should know about any difficult technologies. I’ll try to explain everything as simple and thorough as possible. Only thing you must be able to is, actually buy or own the materials and have some basic handyman’s work skills like drilling, sanding, sawing, polish. If have two left hands myself and even I succeeded, so you should be fine.



Full PDF to be downloaded here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for spreading the word. I hope that my guide continues to be useful to people out there.

Best,

Harry

Welcome to Firstcask Records! said...

Hey cheers for your comment Harry! Very nice work you've done there...